Hello Reykjavik!

We left Toronto early Sunday evening and landed in Iceland very early Monday morning.  I was hoping to sleep on the plane, but no such luck.  The airport had changed considerably since we were last there in 2001.  Back then the airport was more like a conference centre.  Now it looked very much like an airport.

We picked up our SUV and headed towards Reykjavik.  I had forgotten about the rough textures of the primitive landscape.  When we arrived in Reykjavik we had breakfast at a pub near the hotel, and then walked around downtown.  I was an absolute walking zombie.  We visited a museum with the actual foundations of a viking settlement.  We also visited a place with a panoramic view of the city and an indoor ice cave.

In the evening we went to Prir Frakkar, a restaurant we had dined at 17 years ago.  I had the same dish I had previously, and it was delicious.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog